With most of us in lockdown at the moment and trips to shops are limited with stress levels going sky high due to working from home and homeschooling… having a sweet indulgent treat to calm your nerves is pretty acceptable. So here is a super yummy treat which is indulgent and moreish! These white chocolate chip and nut cookies are absolutely delicious and great to make with kids as well, so that is one home school lesson ticked!
Hope you enjoy making these and let me know what you think of this. I do not know the origin of the recipe, but I have been making this for over 15 years now. Although the recipe calls for Brazil nuts, I have just used normal chopped roasted almonds and they tasted equally good. Keep on reading to find out more and feel free to print out a printable recipe to add to your recipe collection.
Here’s the youtube video showing how I made this white chocolate chip and nut cookies.
Feel free to Pin this image on your Pinterest Account so you can remember to try this
Here are more recipes for you to try:
Please leave a comment or tag tag us on social media if you do try these recipes. Please tag @yeah.foodie on Instagram, @yeahfoodie Twitter or @yeahfoodieblog on Facebook with a photo. Please also subscribe to our mailing list to receive more of my Family Favourite Recipes from East to West directly via your inbox.
- 125g softened butter (1/2 cup)
- 124g light brown sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1 egg beaten + 1 tsp vanilla
- 200g Self Raising Flour (1 3/4 cup)
- A pinch of salt
- 125g White Chocolate Chip (or roughly chopped)
- 50g Brazil Nuts, chopped (I've used almonds)
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with wooden spoon or mixer
2. Next, mix in the egg
3. Add in the flour and salt
4. Mix in the white chocolate and nuts
5. Rest for 10 minutes and spoon a small amount onto the tray
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on the cookie size) at 175C
I've reduced my sugar to 1/2 cup but feel free to use the full amount indicated as per the original recipe.